1748169 Members
3975 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Permon Errors on 380G3

Mark Grace
Occasional Advisor

Permon Errors on 380G3

Has anyone found a solution for the following?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1010
Date: 5/20/2003
Time: 7:01:46 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MS22
Description:
The Collect Procedure for the "Tcpip" service in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\Perfctrs.dll" generated an exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data returned by counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf Data Block. Exception or status code returned is data DWORD 0.
Data:
0000: 3d 01 00 00 =...
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Permon Errors on 380G3

Hello Mark,
This is what I have found and give it a try:
Follow the guidelines from MS to disable the Perf Mon Counters in the registry for any service that has been disabled.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267831

or

Move the Compaq OS Management Agent to "Inactive" using the Insight Agents Control Panel applet if one does not wish to utilize this agent.

Please let me know as to how do you make out.

Regards,
Jens Baumann_2
Frequent Advisor

The above link is good, but as far as I can see on our servers, you will never completely get rid of these error messages. Every now and then, one will pop up. If you have the resource kit, try using EXCTRLST.EXE and disabling the offending counters. BTW this message can also come from an unconfigured DHCP server (installed, but not yet configured correctly).
Martin Mueller_3
Occasional Advisor

Hello Mark:
I have had the same problem with some servers DL380 G3 and ML 370 G3..
I tried this with success, from this moment it was silence...
Control Panel >COMPAQ Management Agents >Tab "Services" >Move "Performance Monitor" from ActiveAgents box to InactiveAgents box >OK Restart the Agents as requested.
Thats it !
This is related to Agents Vers. 6.20, HP Network Teaming is enabled on the 380 G3 Server.
Maybe this is also a solution for your problem ?

Good luck, Martin
Arthur Chang
Frequent Advisor

Dear All
I have tried to install SP4,Exctrlst.exe utility or modified registry,it seems still display error message in event log.
However I find 2 way to resolve "Perflib W2K Errors - Event ID 1010":
1.One DL380G3 server install Smartstart 7.0 support software and all management agent.

2.Another DL380G3 install earlier version 6.4 smartstart,and remove management agent from control panel,add/remove program file.

Anyway,if you use earlier version 6.x smartstart,when you install support software,don't install management agent(include Version Control Agent,Foundation Agents,Server Agents,Storage Agents,NIC Agents.)
I have tried 2 way the above mentioned twenty-four hours already,havn't any error message about Perflib display in event log,if anybody got this error,you can try it!!

Regards