Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical to Proliant disk space problem

Greyhair
Occasional Contributor

Physical to Proliant disk space problem

Hi there
I'm trying the P2P software tool and am getting a couple of messages making no sense with a final error saying:
com.hp.mx.vmm.vmdisk.api.APIException: Not enough space for partition!
I am going from a DL380G3 to a DL385G2 - Ultra 3 to SAS. Source server has C:36Gb Raid1, D:36Gb R1, F:72Gb R1. Destination server has double these amounts so should not be space issue. The above error appears in the log file, but the realtime logs on the application server part of P2P, details first partition succeeded with an immediate failure on the second partition.
Any clues anyone?

There is also a warning that appears several times before the migration starts, but it continues quite happily afterwards:
WARN - com.hp.mx.vmm.vmtools.grid.VmmRuntimeException: The SMP agent cannot be connected

This would be such a good tool if I could get it working so any help/suggestions appreciated.
2 REPLIES
J. Ryan Porter
Occasional Visitor

Re: Physical to Proliant disk space problem

I just had this same issue, and found that by:
- having raw (unformatted) partitions on each array
- choosing different arrays on the SAME controller
- choosing a volume size that is less than 2MB smaller than the actual array size for the destination drives

When these conditions were met, we experienced much happiness and joy with the P2P migration software. It is interesting that there is no mention of these or any such prerequisites listed in the documentation.
Greyhair
Occasional Contributor

Re: Physical to Proliant disk space problem

thanks, reducing the volume size worked a treat.