5152 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pix 501 cannot log in on server running IE7

Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

Pix 501 cannot log in on server running IE7

Hello,
I just upgraded (my Windows 2003 Server - HP ML350) to Internet Explorer 7 and can not log into my PIX from this unit, but still can from my workstation (Win 2000 HP d330).
So tell me why when I type the same address in the explorer address bar that I can not enter it on the server and how secure is it? I can get to the PIX on a workstation but not from the server as administrator. Thanks Microsoft for yet another headache! I switched all browsers to Mozilla and am now able to get things done and get to certain sites but still have many issues with IE7 and wish it never came out. had a technician come out to install a tape unit and had to uninstall the server components to download and install the software for the tape units then I had to go back in and install the security components to get to our AV site. Seems like a waste of time to have all this security and the only one being locked out is me!javascript:postMessageSubmit('submit');
Submit
Work Smarter Not Harder
4 REPLIES 4
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure I understand why you post trouble with IE7 and Cisco Pix in this forum :-)

But i run the combination fine. First ignore the certificate warning in IE7 (eventually import the certificate) and then the Pix PDM warning about unsupported browser.

Ole Thomsen
Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

Ole,
My apologies, I didn't know this was an HP only site (you must be the IP guy - Internet Police).
I'm not even getting to the Certificate error (I know how to add the cert). IE tells me it can not display the page. I type the same exact thing in the browser but get a different response.
I did go to Cisco's site but only saw places to sign up for classes, and I haven't the time or money to do so, so am hoping for an answer and will be able to survive without one, if need be.
Thanks
Work Smarter Not Harder
Christopher Knight
Frequent Advisor

Make sure you have the latest version of java installed. The PIX management cosole won't work without java running and enabled in IE.
Christopher Knight
Ole Thomsen_1
Trusted Contributor

Ken,
glad you appreciate my efforts.

Ole Thomsen