cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Tool from HP

michael dillard
Occasional Visitor

Possible Tool from HP

I was just assigned a task of determining if our companies servers are up-to-date on all Bios/Firmware and related drivers. There are about 300+ servers involved and I am able to gather the versions currently installed on each system but was wondering if there was a tool available that would pull this information for me. I will be doing this sort of audit every "quarter".

Guess what I am looking for is an easy way to compare what we have installed with the recommended versions and then deploy the necessary updates. I thought I would check here before proceeding.

Any information or direction is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
2 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Possible Tool from HP

Kevin Fennelly_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: Possible Tool from HP

Hi There I was also looking for a similar tool I found this tip from another kind user http://www.zhengwu.org/how-to-get-hp-proliant-blade-server-and-enclosure-information.html I made some changes to powershell script in article as follows: Substitute your own username & password $Enclosures = Get-Content “c:\scripts\oalist.txt” $username = “username” $password = “password” $encl | Out-File C:\\scripts\Get-OA-Firmwareoutput.txt -Force Foreach ($encl in $Enclosures) { $encl | Out-File C:\scripts\Get-OA-Firmwareoutput.txt -Append $Output = echo y |plink.exe -ssh $encl -l $username -pw $password -m c:\scripts\oa_info.txt | Select-String "Product Name",”Firmware Ver”,"ROM","Server Blade #","Server Name:" $Output | Out-File C:\scripts\Get-OA-Firmwareoutput.txt -Append } If you know powershell you seend output to Spreadsheet Regards Kevin