ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748069 Members
5635 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Post Error 1785 - How can i get rid of this error?

SOLVED
Go to solution
David C. Bordne
Occasional Advisor

Post Error 1785 - How can i get rid of this error?

I have a DL380 G3 server with the integrated 5i controller which is not used & disabled in the PCI bios setting.
There is a 6400 Raid controller installed that we use with a RAID 10 Drive array.
The server runs perfect but the red light is on in the front of the server & the post error 1785 comes up for the 6400 EM controller because no drives are connected to it. Is there a way to disable the 6400EM or a way to keep the error message from coming up? If so, i assume this will also make the red light go off.
5 REPLIES 5
Robert Cowell
Solution

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same problem...
Sean Marshall_1
Frequent Advisor

The only method to disable the error is to remove the EM module. By design this controller is actually 2 controllers in one PCI slot therefore the EM module is showing the error. You can remove the EM module and put it in an antistatic bag until you need to use it.

David C. Bordne
Occasional Advisor

I do still have this problem with the server. I will not be able to attempt to pull out the EM until at least next week. I'll update this post with results.
David C. Bordne
Occasional Advisor

I am going to try this fix today. I will post results.
David C. Bordne
Occasional Advisor

Ok, I unpluged the 5i memory module that was on the board & I didn't get any video. Plugged that back in. The only thing I see on the 6400 that is removable is the 128mb memory module. Is that was your saying to remove?