1751875 Members
5208 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Post Error 1787 on Proliant 6000

Andrew Knoke_1
Advisor

Post Error 1787 on Proliant 6000

I have received 3 messages within the 2 months on one of my older servers stating.
Post Error: 1787 Drive Array Operating in Interim Recover Mode. I do not have any drives that are amber. I have updated my Smart Array 2DH driver and firmware. I have run DAAD Drive Array Advance Diagnostics and ADU Array Diagnostics Utility and both come up clean. I have checked the cables and all seems good. Is this something I should be concerned about or not? Or what else should I try? Thanks. ...Andy
3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: Post Error 1787 on Proliant 6000

Andy,

Can you please attach the REPORT.TXT file taken from ADU in a future reply.

Thanks,

Brian
Andrew Knoke_1
Advisor

I have attached a report.txt file.

Thanks
Andy
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Andy,

The analysed report shows errors at SCSI port 1, ID4 and SCSI port 2, ID1.
A lot of the errors are ancient and you can probably ignore anything beyond 100 days however port1 ID4 is doing a lot of reallocation of bad blocks and port 2, ID1 has had a burst of errors 50 days ago.

The firmware revision on the drive at port 1 ID4 is also out of line with the others and theres a drive at port 2 ID3 which appears to have come from a SUN system - i.e. it's not a Compaq drive but it appears to be OK.
I think if you get the drive at port1 ID4 fixed first you'll be on the right tracks. The spare part number is 242622-001.

Have a look at the attached report and it should hopefully make some more sense. It should be viewed in landscape mode.

I hope this helps.

Brian