ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753916 Members
8087 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Post Error Message on Proliant DL-380 Server

dcpaq2

Post Error Message on Proliant DL-380 Server

I have an HP Proliant DL-380 G3 server that has the integrated Lights out feature in it.

I have 3 SCSI Hard drives in the server all three are 36.4 GB and are Ultra 3's.

My smart start cd is version 7.0 that came with the server.

As far as I know I am setting things up correctly when I run the smart start Cd version 7.0, and the raid configuration is showing "A" and 69,000 mb availabe on the array and is setup for raid 5.

My question however is that when i log into my lights out its showing me the following error message and i dont understand how the array cannot be configured when I am able to install and actually use the operating system , along with when i reboot the server it shows that it is configured and etc.

The error message is as follows....

Post Error: 1785 - Drive Array Not Configured.

Is there anyone here that can help me with this and explain what im doing wrong and how to do it right or what ever it is i need to do?

Thanks much

Doug
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. Do you have more than one Array Controller in the server? The server has a built in Array Controller also and if you have another controller that may be causing the issue?
dcpaq2

Im really not sure if there is any others.

The server is stock from HP, nothings been added as far as I know.

Doug
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Greetings. Ok on the Array Configuration Utulity what is the PORT that is being used for the Array A settings. Also depending on the version of the configuration utulity ( I would use the CD ) and see if there are any other Array Controllers in the server. Or go into F10 RomBios and check in there for installe controllers. IF the Integrated Array Controller is being used it should be using PORT 1 for your internal disks and array. IF not the I would open the server and ensure that the Primary Port is cabled to the array controller. Also ensure that the disks are located starting from the Right Front to the left from (ex ID O, ID 1, ID2 etc) silly but you never know.
dcpaq2

Daniel,

Please call me if I can talk you into it.

708-334-5845

Thanks much

Doug