New Discussion юеВ

Power Clculator

SOLVED
Go to solution
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Power Clculator

Hi,

i need some link to help me fast for power caclucation.
Because most of the links are broken.
http://h30099.www3.hp.com/configurator/calc/Power%20Calculator%20Catalog.xls

Earlier there was a complete excel files (Offline) no need to go online to caclutate.

Attahced the exple of the rack
Nothing is impossible
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Power Clculator

Hi...

Loks like all, or at least most of the links work just fine. I was able to click and download all the power calc's for the servers you have in your racks.

Looking at the list of power Calc's... at the very bottom there is a link for the Site Preparation Utility...

" http://h30099.www3.hp.com/configurator/calc/Site Preparation Utility.xls "

Give that a try.

If you don't mind... I would like to make some suggestions and/or make some observations...

Rack 1 - Looks ok, but do you absolutely need the power of a DL385 for a Domain Controller? Do you also need the power of a DL585 (4way box) clustered with a second for File Serving?

Rack 2 - Looks ok

Rack 3 - Looks ok, but the keyboard/mouse seem too low, actually.. seems doubled up.

I do nto see a server for "RDP", unless maybe you utilize that spade 385. What about SIM? SIM and RDP can live together, so can Command View EVA. Perhaps swapping the DL145 in rack 3 with a DL360 or even a DL385, giving it some extra hard drive space for RDP images and Installation sets, SIM database, etc... might be something you'd consider.

Are the 1U integrated TFT/Mouse/Keyboards that much more expensive than separate monitor-keyboard/mouse set ups? (I have been "out of it" when it comes to pricing.) It can save you 2U space. Also, the IP KVM fits right behind the keyboard/mouse tray so you save 1U there. (You probably know this)

Anyway, I tried making a visio of the layout to attach, but it ended up too big. If you want me to e-mail it to you, let me know know your e-mail address.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

" http://h30099.www3.hp.com/configurator/calc/Site%20Preparation%20Utility.xls "
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor
Solution

here is a good refrence. one thing we like to do is run our servers at 208v so they will produce less heat and use less power. invest in some power poles with a digital read out so you can easliy check to see whether you are at the breaking point.

thanks!
--Andy

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00099859/c00099859.pdf

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the informaiton guys.
If you have something more please share.
Any doccument shared by you was new to me Thanks again.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

we like to run our HP Proliant servers at 208v 30amp circuits in the heavily dense racks. they only use 1/2 the pwr, thus produce less heat. the switches, monitors and KVM switches can take 208 too. don't get me wrong, you still need a good solid ac unit. you'll pay more on the front end vs. going with a traditional 120v circuit but we never worry about using too much power and tripping a breaker. especially since we have digital read outs on the power poles that tell us exactly how many amps we are pulling on one side of the rack. They are worth every penny. we use APC brand for power poles. no special configs are needed for the HP servers, just plug and go. you do need special pwr cables though. but they are only 3 or 4 bucks a piece. thanks man.

--Andy