6872 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power On Server Problem HP Proliant ML110

SOLVED
Go to solution
musa yusof

Power On Server Problem HP Proliant ML110

I am using HP Proliant ML110 with 256MB RAM. When switch on, the fan goes on with two led lights on and CD led on for awhile but nothing appear on monitor and keyboard does not blink. Monitor Status shows no input signal. Previously, it worked fine untill it suddenly hang. Switch off and switch on, nothing appear on monitor. RAM and HDD have been tested on other machine, it works fine. Can somebody advise what to do.
4 REPLIES 4
TaiKeihp
Solution

Re: Power On Server Problem HP Proliant ML110

TRY USING THAT SERVER WITH OTHER MEMORY, ONCE YOU DO THAT WE CAN KNOW IF THE MEMORY SLOT ON THE SYSTEM BOARD IS FAIL.
IT CAN BE THE PROCESSOR TOO.
DO THAT, AND TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH IT.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Try to clear the CMOS Switch 1
make the server on check for any information on display.

Try to boot the server with minimum components and reset all parts.

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
musa yusof

Tested on switch 1 (same thing nothing appear)
Tested on switch 2 boot from floppy disk (BIOS Recovery download - no reading at all) (same thing nothing appear).

I disconnect CPU and Memory (no beep sound at all).

It could be motherboard problem. I will send to service center.

Thanks.
Robert ┼аorn

Hi,
I just had the same problem. The fan and the leds went on for a couple of seconds and than nothing.

The only thing I found strange was that the power on button would stay pressed and didn't go back. So I was on my way to move that gray box out of my desk and send it to service, when the button came out as I started to move it. So I plugged it in again and the same old story, couple of seconds and than nothing. But then I lifted the front end a bit, and moved it up and down for a couple of centimeters, and out of the blue it was on again. It working now with no problem.

So try it yourself, it might be just a bad connection on the power switch..