ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752578 Members
4417 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power Supply General Failure

Spodumen

Power Supply General Failure

I have the following problem with servers ProLiant DL380 G5. Regularly on different servers in IML there are type messages:

System Power Supplies Not Redundant
System Power Supply: General Failure (Power Supply 2)

Thus, conditions at these events 'repaired' Sometimes problem Power Supply it is switched off at all:

POST Error: 1615-Power Supply Failure or Power Supply
System Power Supply: General Failure (Power Supply 2)

In this case helps unplug and again plug power cable.

After I have made unplug and plug power supply on a problem server of the message have disappeared. However, recently all has repeated, but already on other server... I Wish to find out the reason of such behaviour of system. Any Ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Berm├║dez
Frequent Advisor

Re: Power Supply General Failure

Hi,

Something that you could try is swap the Power supplies so you could check if the issue follow the power supply or stay in the slot.

Also you could try to change the power source, so you can narrow the issue, since it seems to be a quick timeout.
kira12
Valued Contributor

Re: Power Supply General Failure

Hi,

if the 'problem' powersupplys runing on the same Powerline, maybe the Powerline has an bad connection?
If you have your problem on different Servers i dont have an idea. In normal case check for the newest Bios, check the Powersupplyfan, check the Powersupplyconnector (to the Server), check the Connector inside of the Server, Check if the Powersupply mechanicly fits in the Serverslot and so much more...