108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power Supply Temperature

SOLVED
Go to solution
JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

Power Supply Temperature

I am having trouble determining a safe temperature range for server components. Using SNMP to retrieve current temperatures leaves me with the decision of when to consider a reading to be out of the safe range for a power supply, or a CPU, etc.

I'm most concerned with power supply temps, but could use help more generally as well.
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Jason,

log in to ILO and check ILO temperature threshold for all the components it provides the correct reading.

If you have latest PSP installed same information can also be retrieved from System management home page.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

Thank you; I am able to get temperature readings.

My question is how can I determine safe operating temperatures for various components? I know the server itself is rated to run in a wide temperature range. But I would like to know when to worry about the temperature of a power supply, specifically. How can I determine when it is too hot? Is that information available from HP anywhere?
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jason,

that's what is displayed in ILO temperature threshold.

It will tell you what should be the temperature for all the components, when it reaches the warning and when to critical state.

this information is taken directly from MIBs

otherwise for PSU, you check power specification section in quickspecs and user guide of that particular server it will tell you what is the optimum termperature for power supply.

hope this helps,

please don't forget to assign points if you think information provided is helpful :)

cheers!
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for clearing me up. I've found what you're refering to. That's exactly what I need.