ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Supply slot change, now Power Redundancy warning

Power Supply slot change, now Power Redundancy warning

Hello everyone!

We have had trouble with our UPS and switched via a second power supply our power circles.
All worked fine an now we are back over our UPS.

But on the System management homepage the status is degraded, because the server has created a Power Redundancy Set with slots 1+2. Power Supply Slot1 is now empty and only slot2 is used.
Is there a way to tell the software, that this is okay and that there is no Redundancy Set, but only one single Power Supply?
It is a little irritating to see always a warning...

Best regards, Stefan
4 REPLIES
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: Power Supply slot change, now Power Redundancy warning

hi,

shutdown the server, remove the powersupply, form bay2 ==> bay1 ( default installed ),

and them start the server.

mikap

That ist not a kind of idea which is getting me forward. Sure I had the same idea, but unfortunately this is a productive system which has to be online.
Furhtermore I think it should be possible, to change the configuration to no redundancy set and used slot2.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you have a spare part ( PS ), you could make the same as before, use temprary PS in bay one, and them remove PS form bay 2.

or as you alredy mentioned, just let it run,
because its in production, and you can not make a downtime.

its normal, we have lot of servers, in production, and if we need to patch and them reboot the servers, we need to have a aproval ( fo downtinme )from executive.

some servers in unix enviroments have uptime from 300-1000 days.

mikap

hm, okay. It seems there is no way to operate a dl360 with a power supply in bay 2 and none in bay1, too bad.

Best regards, stefan