ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752792 Members
6004 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power redundancy failure HP ProLiant ML350 G4p

JDLSuper55

Power redundancy failure HP ProLiant ML350 G4p

I have the red light on with means Power redundancy failure, what would cause this and how can I fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

red led on the external heatlh? (zig-zag sign not surrounded by a square)
if so....try swapping the know good power supply with the suspected one, same with the power cords (obviously, turn off the server before doing this).
if the know good power supply works on any slot, the power supply backplane is good, you just need a new power supply.
Chris Hasler
Advisor

Hi,

It could be that the power cord on the power supply that shows as failed (red LED) was bumped because someone was working behind the server and it got loose.

Try reseating the power cord on both the server side and PDU/outlet side for the degrade power supply. If you still have the issue try Juan's suggestions or trying another power outlet or swapping the power supplies.

Chris H.
BrianCWE

Hi guys, I know this is a couple months out of the original post, but I have the same problem, red heartbeat (no box) so that's external power health problem, right?

Can both PSUs go bad at the same time?
I already replaced the backplane (?) the piece that both PSUs plug-in to that balances the load. It's the piece that the wiring harness/loom actually comes out of.

Other than these two parts, what else would cause external power health warning?

The mobo gets a pulse of energy, the fans spin for .5 second, then shut down.

Are these PSUs supposed to always run their fans when plugged in? If not, could that be a sign of PSU failure? Also, the PSU led (green, in the back by the power plug) do not light up when plugged in. Should they, or only when the machine is running?