5771 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power supplies for Blade enclosure

Carsten Reinhard
Frequent Advisor

Pete,

no problem, but I do not know much about the 3Us as I only use the 1U PEs. As I remember there are two different models. One model use 3 phase pwer, the second only 1 phase. And as I remember further those with 1 phase can only support a limited number of power supplies (I think 4). So even there is a slot, the power supplies won't work, because there are no connectors on the backplane.

As the eigth blade won't power up, you have a power shortage on power suplly 4 and 5. Only these power supplies deliver the power for blade 5 to 8. So I would recommend to exchange those power supplies one by one. But take care, your blades could crash. So shut down the servers if possible. If not, try to check the state of the supplies via the rack view of the ILO interface. For the 1U Units you get a short over view of the input and output settings.
Pete LaBrec2

I checked the status of the power supplies through the ILO, and everything is green and looks to be running.
Ar_2
Advisor

Dear Pete,

Can you please mail the solution which worked for you this would be helpful for future issues.

regards,
Ar