3300 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Power supply fail

VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Power supply fail

Hello,

I have a DL360 G5, with windows server 2003 SP2 and the support package 8.70 (the newest in the 360 G5 downloads). The server reports that the power supply 1 has failed, but if we disconnect and reconnect the power supply it returns to the ok state. Then, after a few days (apparently random) the power supply 1 fails again. The power supply works perfectly in others server and the is no power failures that can generate this event.

What can we do?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

If the power supply works fine, then update the server BIOS and ILO firmware, restart the server. Clear IML logs and check if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy 

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Ok, thank you for your response.

I will update ilo and bios, but I won't know if it works until the next failure...that I don't know when it will succeed...

Thank you anyway

priceth
Occasional Visitor

I've seen a bad fan cause a power supply to not come up. Brand new replacement. Fan on the backplane caused the issue.
VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Oh, I didn't know that a fan failure could cause a power supply fail. Last night I updated the BIOS and ILO, if the problem returns I will check the fans.

Thank you very much

VictorRuiz
Occasional Advisor

Hi again :(

The BIOS and ILO update didn't solve the problem. Today the power supply has changed its state again to degraded. If I remove the power supply and install again the problem goes, but it will return in 2-3 weeks...

In the HP management Homepage I dont see a fan fail. What fan do you refer exactly?

Thanks