cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power supply failure

cvieri
Occasional Visitor

Power supply failure

We have D385. There is a red LED on the server showing power supply failure. I re-placed both power supplies with the working ones. And even now there is no a green LED on the supplies showing that's it is working. What is the problem in?

4 REPLIES
SFHR
Frequent Advisor

Re: Power supply failure

Hi,

Please check the power supply backplane.. Do you recieve RED light on both redundant power supplies?

Please make sure if its power LED?

The front panel and internal LEDs are used to help diagnose a server failure. When an internal component fails, the indication is made on an internal component LED (amber) and on the front panel. If the item is serviceable without removing the server hood, as in the case of a redundant power supply failure, the External Health LED will illuminate. If the item is serviceable by removing the hood, as in the case of a fan failure, the Internal Health LED will illuminate.

If no failures have occurred, the system health LEDs will be green. If a failure has occurred, but a redundant feature has enabled the system to continue running, the LED will be amber. If the failure is critical and is/has caused the system to shutdown, the LED will be red. These LEDs serve as local indicators for several failure conditions. Insight Manager will continue to report these, and many other failure conditions, as well.

Hope this help you,

Regards//

Regards//
SF Hussain

Help others for better Tomorrow

I do not recieve any light on both redundant power supplies. Yes, it is power LED.
SFHR
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I think earlier you said you see a RED light on power supply?

Anyway, if no light on both pwer supplies, please check the external pwer source, cables, UPS, Rack PDU etc.

Regards

Regards//
SF Hussain

Help others for better Tomorrow

I took working one cable and power supply, but I got the same problem:

1) No green light on power supply

2) Red blinking light on the face panel