ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753454 Members
6084 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Power supply required for HP Proliant ML150 Gen9 to support nVidia Titan Xp card

jeff1952

Power supply required for HP Proliant ML150 Gen9 to support nVidia Titan Xp card

We have an HP Proliant ML 150 Gen9 system.  We would like to put an nVidia Titan Xp graphics card into the system.  However, this card requires an 8-pin and a 6-pin connection.  The power cables we have that came with the power supply (which is only 550W, not the 600 W recommended for the graphics card) don't seem to be able to support this.  We might be able to get converter cables to allow an 8-pin connection, but there would then be nothing left for the 6-pin connection.  What power supply can we purchase for this system that would allow us to put this Titan Xp card into it and get it powered?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Power supply required for HP Proliant ML150 Gen9 to support nVidia Titan Xp card

Hi,

By seeing the requirements for this card, I think this server is not supported for this card.

"Minimum 600 W or greater system power supply with one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors. "

ML150 Gen9 QuickSpecs: https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04447843.pdf

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo