6760 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PowerCasting slow on ML110 G5 with Broardcom BCM5722

Warren Edge
Occasional Contributor

PowerCasting slow on ML110 G5 with Broardcom BCM5722

Hey everyone,

I have a tiny problem, I am using PowerQuest Deployment centre to blow about 500 images to HP ML110 G5 servers. I have compiled the driver for PowerQuest using Novell and NDIS2 for DOS. The driver appears to work fine but the thoughput is painful, averages about 180meg a min, am casting from a ML110 G3 server with a Broadcom 5702 card.

Any ideas on how to speed it up? I am not sure how I can alter the card settings for powerquest images as there doesn't appear to be a protocol.ini.

The linespeed the driver initalises at is 1000mbps, but we only have a 10/100 network, could it be this causing the problem or possibly a flow control setting.

Please advise,

Many thanks,

Warren
3 REPLIES 3
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

are swiches set to auto negotiate ?

and is latest f,ware on the servers
Warren Edge
Occasional Contributor

Hi there,

The switches are set to Auto Negotiate and as far as im aware the server's are running the latest firmware as they where only purchased from HP about 8-10 weeks ago and all seem to be assembled within the last 3 months.

I didn't have any problem with the older G3 family with the old driver set, but the newer card which appears BCM5722 is causing me a real headache. Also another weird one is that the brand new servers with this driver complete fine however, older G5 units we have from last year appear to complete the powerquest image and then drop off when finalising and then provide me with an inaccessable boot device whilst starting Windows Server 2003.

It's very odd indeed, I am going to try a different driver set, going to give the broardcom ones a go and see how I get on will keep you all informed.

Cheers,

Warren
Warren Edge
Occasional Contributor

I have found that there is no solution to this and on my older G5 series servers the image fails to deploy completely. Have reverted to norton ghost