108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PowerShell for iLO fails for iLO5 SNMP alert desintation

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

PowerShell for iLO fails for iLO5 SNMP alert desintation

I am trying to use Set-HPEiLOSNMPAlertDestination on an HPE GEN10 with iLO 5 and it is failing with:

Feature not supported.

So then I tried Get-HPEiLOSNMPAlertDestination to see if I could read the current settings.  That fails too with the same error.  I tried setting some values in the alert destination fields of the iLO5 manually using the web interface so that it had "something" to read from when using the PS cmdlet, and it still fails with the same error.

What am I doing wrong?  I need to set the alert desintation on the ilO so that is sends alerts to our HPE SIM server.  I see nothing in the documentation that this is not supported for the iLO5.  Only the "-TrapCommunityVersion" parameter is not supported on the ILO5 for the Set cmdlet, which I am not using.

Thanks

NK

6 REPLIES 6
GokulKS
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

This is because its not supported till iLO5 1.20 firmware version. Any verion earlier than 1.20 is not supported as Redfish API support is not available even though Web GUI feature exists.

I tested it on iLO5 1.20 it works for both Get and Set of NMPAlertDestination.

Thanks,

Gokul

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Ah, good catch.  I am at: Firmware Version 1.15 

Thank you.

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

OK - I updated to 1.30 and I am still getting the same error:

Set-HPEiLOSNMPAlertDestination -Connection $iloconnection -ID 1 -AlertDestination $SNMPAddress -TrapCommunity $SNMPCommunity

IP Hostname Status StatusInfo
-- -------- ------ ----------
Redacted ERROR HPE.iLO.Response.StatusInfo

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Oh, actually different error:

Category Message AffectedAttribute
-------- ------- -----------------
General ID Value not found.

So something with the ID is not valid...

I will experiment.

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I don't know - I cannot get the set cmdlet to work.   If I manually set the trap destination in the GUI, the Get cmdlet now works and reads the information.  It tells me I have ID 1.  But if I try the set cmdlet with "-ID 1", or any value for that matter, it fails.

NK

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Ahhhh - my bad.  Have to use Add-HPEiLOSNMPAlertDestination cmdlet to create a new entry.  Then the Set cmdlet will work to change an existing one.

Thanks

NK