4698 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Predictive Failure

EhsRjb
Visitor

Predictive Failure

Hello everyone

Here's a report made by ACU . Last week we repleaced two faild disk of our four disks (member of RAID 5) but then , two other health disks start to blink in amber . ACU says there's not any error or warning but we find some warnings during a short review on the report(Attached to this post). could you help us to solve this problem? I've read many topics but ....

7 REPLIES 7
waaronb
Respected Contributor

It looked like 2 of your drives are reporting predictive failure:
Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot : Internal Drive Cage at Port 1I : Box 1 : Drive Cage on Port 1I : Physical Drive 1I:1:1 : Physical Drive Status
Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot : Internal Drive Cage at Port 1I : Box 1 : Drive Cage on Port 1I : Physical Drive 1I:1:3 : Physical Drive Status

I don't know if those are the 2 you replaced earlier and those are old status messages, but those are the ones that stood out to me.

Does the IML show any errors? I think it usually logs predictive failures in there, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

No error found on ADU :)

Whiwh OS is installed on this server? you need to update the firmware of P410i ;)

EhsRjb
Visitor

No error !
warnings appear just in report
EhsRjb
Visitor

It's Win-Srv 2003
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Weird. I assume it rebuilt the array okay after replacing the failed drives?

You could try powering the system down and then start up again. Doing a power cycle will sometimes clear up drive alerts for me, although usually I see a corresponding pre-failure alert.

Every now and then, a pre-failure warning shows up and I can remove and reinsert the drive (or power cycle the server) and the alert goes away. Most of the time though, the warning shows up again after a day or so because the drive really is throwing too many recoverable errors.
EhsRjb
Visitor

Thank you for replying

We're going to restart the server tomorrow , my friend had checked the array status. Everything is just fine and logical drive is exist.

The most awful thing for an administrator is to be involved with this kind of mysterious problems. Everything looks fine but something is acting strangely .

RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Yeah, report seems fine.
However the firmware seems very old, might be a good idea to update the complete DL380 G7 if this hasn't been done yet.
Might also want to do an NVRam clear, just in case. :)
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)