1748169 Members
4047 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Press FI to continue on reboot - DL 585 G1

facnj
Occasional Advisor

Press FI to continue on reboot - DL 585 G1

I saw there was another thread on similar discussion, but I am not sure whether it is the same problem.

I have the system board on a DL 585 G1 replaced. It was handled by a third party vendor. On reboot, I saw the following message

1609- The server may have a failed system battery. Some configuration settings may have been lost and restored to defaults. Refer to server documentation for more information. If you have just replaced the system battery, disregard this message.

Assuming the system may take time to recharge the battery, I ignored it. Then the following came up

Press "F1" key to continue
Press "F9" key for ROM-Based Setup Utility
Press "F10" key for System Maintenance Menu
Press "F12" Key for PXE boot

I have to press F1 for the reboot to continue.
This will be a problem, because we have weekly reboot on my servers. Should I run F10? and what does it do?
Do I have to wait for the system battery to be recharged?
Should I replace the system battery?
Did the hardware vendor replace a very old system board for me? I am concerned, because the I noticed the system board has a very old firmware (2006) and I have to upgrade the firmware.

thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Re: Press FI to continue on reboot - DL 585 G1

Press F9 to go into RBSU. Under advanced settings make sure the Serial Number an Product ID are entered. People often forget to enter this when replacing the system board. There should be a tag on the server containing this information.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
facnj
Occasional Advisor

Ken,
thanks
Unfortunately, I had already entered the serial number which is under system option.
However, I cannot see any product id option.
a HP tech reminded me in the past that serial number update is needed for maintenance.

Is the "failed system battery" message normal? The board has been replaced for 12 hours already and I am still seeing the "failed system battery message..."

Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the battery need to be replaced. You can log another call with HP, or you can probably us an off the shelf battery. Replacement instructions are at http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00210164/c00210164.pdf page 46.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
facnj
Occasional Advisor

Ken,
thanks.
Do you know what the impact may be if I do not replace the battery in the next 2 days?

Unfortunately, this system board was not replaced by HP, hence I suspected that I was given an old board.

Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

It should run fine, it's just that when you shut it down it will probably lose settings in NVRam, like system serial number and the real time clock.

Good luck,
Ken
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
facnj
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately, it does not work.

I have the battery replaced on Thursday 03/04, I gave it 2 days to re-charge the battery, same message.. Is there anything that I should do?

I had system board replaced in the past and never had this problem before, I assume it is not normal, right?

facnj
Occasional Advisor

I replaced the system board again and the problem went away.