5805 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant 5000

dennis church
Occasional Advisor

ProLiant 5000

Bit of a newb at this...
System had 4x 4.3GB drives, three CPUs and ran Win2K server no problems. Upgrade to the full-monty 4 CPUs, and put in 4x 9.1GB drives. Now I cannot install w2k server and get anything except a single-processor setup. Even going back to the old setup no longer works.
I suspect I'm missing something trivially simple here. The hardware is OK - tested it every which way I can think of. Erm, Help?
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: ProLiant 5000

If the F10 partition is installed, at the first window hit CTRL-A. This should ask you about advanced mode. The go to Sys Config -> Config HW -> Review and Modify -> View and Edit Details. Look for Advanced features. Make sure APIC Mode is set to Full-Table.
When you boot up with the W2K cd please make sure to SKIP Mass Storage. Load the driver for the SCSI/Array controller and the cdrom.
Make sure the BIOS and firmware on the array are up to par.
Any more details would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Mark
We are here for a good time, not a long time!
Eric_76
Regular Advisor

in addition to Marks comment..
also when you are setting this up.. make sure to not have 4gig or more memory pressent this will give you Blue screen.unless slipstreeming a service pack.

keep in mind that During setup you will only see one procc. until it is on its second or third reboot.

does all 4 procc shows up during post??
dennis church
Occasional Advisor

OK, see the other post to Justin further up. Solved by exploring a bit deeper!
Have now also got a later version of SmartStart, which will help manage this better in future. Many thanks!