1748183 Members
3693 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant 7000

Thom Spadaro
Advisor

ProLiant 7000

I have a pro 7000 with 4gb of memory durring the post it show this. when the O/S (win2k) comes up and i look at insight manager it only shows that there is 3.6gb of memory installed in the machine. I have updated all the firmware on the server reinstalled the 6.20a insight agents can any one tell me where the other .4gb is gone to ?
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Did you say this is the pentium pro version of this server? Or is it the Xeon? Does this advisory appear similar:
http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=EL010820_CW01.xml&dt=3

The document says ML570 and DL580, but this issue appies to any machine which has pci hotplug. I'd also recommend viewing the info on pci hotplug reservations in this document:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/papers/1369-0800a-wwen.pdf
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Thom Spadaro
Advisor

thanks terry for the quick reply the machine is a 4x xeon 550 we did not notice this when the o/s was 4.0 if we put another .5gb in to the machine will is show us the 4gb?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

It should. If you go into the system config utility and disable the pci hotplug reservation, you should be able to see all of then too. I don't recommend doing this though.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..