1748252 Members
3807 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant 800 do not recognice Keyboard and Mouse

Jose Paulino_1
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant 800 do not recognice Keyboard and Mouse

I was trying to install W2K Server from it's starting CD, once the installation copy the first part of it and re-started and my ProLiant 800, Windows 2000 Server does not detect my keyboard and mouse and I can not continue the Windows 2000 Server Installation.

Pls help me
5 REPLIES 5
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant 800 do not recognice Keyboard and Mouse

One of the options is to put the server in hands-off mode (I can't remember the actual term) so it cannot be used except from the remote port.

Maybe this was setup.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Which firmware revision is installed on the server? Is there a KVM switch being used?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Jose Paulino_1
Occasional Contributor

Thank Terry the matter was Firmware version.

Ths a lot
Todd_86

Hi guys... this thread is a bit old, but I am having the same issues with a ProLiant 800. What firmware did you upgrade to fix the issue? As far as I can see, I am running the latest P14 BIOS, so I am unsure which firmware you needed to upgrade. Please Help! Thanks...

- T.
Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

This might sound a little dumb. But I had a similar issue with a machine and found the fix was to use a Compaq Keyboard - true!

I thought all keyboards were pretty much the same. Fixed the issue though.

I will say that the issue might have had more to do with the KVM rather than the machine directly.
why?