ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant DL 380 G6 - Starts with 4 fans or I've to by two more?

Pocholo_1
Occasional Advisor

ProLiant DL 380 G6 - Starts with 4 fans or I've to by two more?

Dear sirs, I've got a ProLiant DL 380 G6 server. On start it the state LED becames in red and a few seconds after the server shuts down suddenly. I've discovered it happends because two fans are missing. By purchasing the equipment are 4 and 2 missing. Does that mean I have to buy those two fans? It will not start if I don't put those two fans?.
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL 380 G6 - Starts with 4 fans or I've to by two more?

hi,

where did you get this server ??

did you removed the two fans ??

because if you buy the server it should containt all componnents.

mikap
Pocholo_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi; thanks for reply. I've purchaded this sever in TEchData store, it's a distributor. It came only with 4 fans instead 6, also the DVD is missing and I've have to buy it.
Yesterday I've put the 4 fans in the middle, I mean whithout fans in position 1 and 6, and now it seems that it runs correctly. It's strange, maybe they have to be in a particular position. But it was coincidence, this should be indicated in a site, because you can go crazy thinking that may be the problem. I'll leave it like this during a few days and I'll see if the problem is definitely solved.
Thanks you very much for your help.
Saberus
Valued Contributor

The single proc DL380G6 models (Entry or Base models) only ship with 4 fans, the other two have blanks instead. (In a single proc setup only 4 are needed for N+1)

The optional proc kits include the two fans to give the servers a full compliment. There shouldn't be a shutdown unless the server has two procs. (which requires 6 fans for N+1)

Was this server assembled by a third party? (If so, they may have added the second proc and ignored the fans.)

Please list the PN of the server, and the number of procs it currently has.