1748198 Members
2607 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant DL120 G6 stops at P212 during boot

RodneyC
Occasional Advisor

ProLiant DL120 G6 stops at P212 during boot

Have installed a HP ProLiant DL120 G6 Server with a P212 array card (2 servers in fact).

I have a problem with one though, where if the server gets rebooted it stops at the P212 F8 (special key to enter RAID setup) screen and beeps, to get past it I have to reboot again and press the F8 key (special key to enter RAID setup) to enter the setup, exit again and it'll start up.

The problem I've had is that once in a while the server freezes also, if we go to site we have to do the above process to get them working again.

Anyone experienced this?

I guess I need to see what firmware its running and if I can upgrade it. Is this straight forward without losing and configuration?
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL120 G6 stops at P212 during boot

That could be a flaky P212. Try reseating the P212 or pulling it and leaving it out completely. Is the P212 the boot controller? Upgrading the firmware is a good idea but if the controller is flaky, the firmware upgrade can hung and make the controller unusable.
The raid config is saved on each disks and you don't lose it neither when you upgrade the firmware nor when you replace the controller.
RodneyC
Occasional Advisor

I suppose I could swap the cards round with each server, see if the fault moves.

Try latest firmware and or get it replaced.

Thanks
RodneyC
Occasional Advisor

Update.

The server stops booting after the P212 screen and stops with a beep and shows error: no tpm or tpm has problem. Not as above, but I do have to reboot the server and go into the P212 f8 screen for a moment and exit and to get past it.

I've swapped the P212 cards around with the servers and the fault hasn't moved, so the faults still on server 1 with server 2's P212, it hasn't froze again yet but its only been a couple of days.

One thing I have thought though, server 2 was spec'd with a HP 650 mAh P-Series Battery but server 1 doesn't have one yet everything else is the same.
RodneyC
Occasional Advisor

Server has so far been stable since swapping over the P212's, however I know I'll still get the issue when re-booting.

Anyone got any suggestions?