5327 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL145 G2 RAID Options?

SOLVED
Go to solution
tobyjoe

ProLiant DL145 G2 RAID Options?

I just received a new DL145 G2 with matching 80GB SATA drives.

There is currently no OS, but I plan to put RHEL 4 or CentOS 4 on the box.

When I purchased the box, on Monday, I was told it had an onboard RAID controller that could support RAID 1.

When the machine boots, I see a line referencing:

NVIDIA IDE RAID CONTROLLER 4.70

(I think that's verbatim, but I may have botched it slightly)

I'm curious whether this RAID controller can, indeed, support RAID 1 and, if so, how to enable it prior to installing the OS.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay  Nayak
Advisor
Solution

Hi,
This server seems to support SCSI RAID 0 &1 only with the present BIOS version , however you could try updating the BIOS for the respective operating system , using the link below

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/6155.html?prodTypeId=15351

After the update try checking if you get the option to enable RAID under advanced options in BIOS
tobyjoe

Thanks, Sanjay. I'm heading to my office in an hour or so and will investigate this option. Perhaps I missed something in the present BIOS. If not, I'll try the update.
tobyjoe

I updated the BIOS (had to buy a floppy drive and floppy disks to do so!) and no dice. SATA RAID is not allowed. I'm just going to use Disk Druid to create software RAID partitions.

Thanks for your help.
Sanjay  Nayak
Advisor

You are welcome , hope ,in future i could assist you towards a solution ...take care