1748052 Members
4881 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL180G5 and CUDA

Autumnus

ProLiant DL180G5 and CUDA

Hi, everybody!
We try to install PCI-E 8x graphics video card with CUDA (GTX570) into DL180G5, but operation system not found graphics card. In device manager we see on "PCI-E x8" insufficient system resources to start this device. I try to turn off other device, but graphics card don't work. How to install graphics card into this server?
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

have you tried another PCI-E slot? Maybe it's server and card are incompatible. Can you crosscheck it with another server?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Autumnus

We try this card on other x8 PCI-E port and x4 - same results. But this card work fine on office computers.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

in this case it will be a problem between DL180 and the graphics adapter. Maybe you can log a support call at HP, but I don't think that this is supported.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Cho_05

Hi there.

The thing is, that video card its not gonna work, becouse its a pci-e x16 and you are trying to make it work on a pci-e x8.
You may olso need an extra 2x6 pin cables from your power suply, and that server cant manage the amount of power required for that video card.

If your interested in HPC, that server cant manage it. You should go for a DL380g6/7, those servers are pci-e 16X ready, but either way im not sure if the power suply is a 6+ pin ready.

Regards,
Francisco.

Autumnus

Yes, but specification of standart PCI-E provide work of all devices (x16,x8,x4) even in x1 slot. I maked systems with PCI-E x1 slot and PCI-E x16 video card. And all works fine.
I think in this case problem in binding of resources. For example, built-in video controller takes all resources, needed to external graphics card.
Autumnus

Thanks to all! We changed motherboard on PCI-E x16 ready and all work.