1753792 Members
3144 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant DL320 G5p cant detect HDD / Raid controller

dirkdigs
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant DL320 G5p cant detect HDD / Raid controller

I am trying to install server 2008 R2. If i use smart start 8.50 x64 it says no controllers detected. If i just use microsoft retail media and use the downloaded drivers from the hp.com website for storage controller it still does not work. can anybody help?

how do i get the correct driver so my raid conotroller is detected. I know i have a RAID controlller because I can see the array config during POST. But when the microsfot installer kicks in there is no drives detected.

please help!
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL320 G5p cant detect HDD / Raid controller

> I know i have a RAID controlller because I can see the array config during POST.

What does the array config look like? Windows will not see the physical disks, it will see whatever logical drives the raid controller will present to the server. Are there any logical drives created? If not you need to get in the controller config (during POST or use the SmartStart CD) and create a raid array with at least one logical drive. Then windows will see the logical drive as a disk.
dirkdigs
Occasional Contributor

the embedded RAID controller is not a smart array so it will not detect in the smart start cd the only way to configure is to hit F8 during POST and enter sata controller config.
TTr
Honored Contributor

You need to configure the disks in a raid array. What happens when you press F8 and go in the raid controller BIOS configuration?
dirkdigs
Occasional Contributor

figured it all out regards to RAID config. but server 2008 R2 still does not detect this RAID controller.
TTr
Honored Contributor

You probably need to provide the raid controller driver externally (via a floppy) to windows when the install CD boots up. If I remember correctly when it says "press F6..."

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01404782тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3579703&prodTypeId=15351