5736 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL320 : cannot install Windows 2000

Rodriguez_2
Advisor

ProLiant DL320 : cannot install Windows 2000

Hello,
I have a server ProLiant DL320 G2 and I can't install windows 2000. In fact, when my server boot, I see the hard disk 36Go in the BIOS. Then, when the server boot on the Windows 2000 install CD, there is an error message : can't find hard disk, so it's impossible to install Windows.
Someone has an idea of my problem ?
Thank you by advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Rodriguez,
When you boot your server please hit F9 when prompted and make sure that your BOOT CONTROLLER order is set to first from which ever controller you have the Hard drive attached.

Regards,
Kevin Harlan
Valued Contributor

Are you using the SCSI version? One thing you might need to do is make sure you have a driver disk for your controller.

One common cause of such problems is attempting to install Windows 2000 on newer platforms (i.e. ones that was sold after Windows 2000 was released). This would preclude Windows 2000 from including the drivers needed to see and understand your controller -- and thus, Windows 2000 will not see your disks.

You can easily test this by putting your controller driver (and oeminfo.inf file) on a floppy disk. When Windows 2000 boots, in the beginning it says something like "Hit F6 to include third-party drivers". Hit F6, insert your floppy, and follow the prompts.

hi

this softpaq use create support disk(scsi & array)

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/18416.html

and f6 key option use install.
Mark Smith_29

I'm having a similar problem. I cannot install any operating system because it says there is no hard drive. When I go to change the BOOT CONTROLLER it won't let me change anything.

Also, I'm not trying to install Server but Workstation. Why can I not install directly from the setup CD provided by you? I've been told by HP that server isn't required and that the DL320 fully supports workstation.

Please help.