ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753388 Members
7101 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL360 G2 - Keeps Going to standby, then restarting.

Stefano_Pa

ProLiant DL360 G2 - Keeps Going to standby, then restarting.

I have recently bought a ProLiant DL360 G2.

When ever it is powered up, it nearly always within the first 2-4 minutes, switchs off, then back on and gets into a constant loop.

If it makes it past the 4 minute mark, it works perfectly fine.

When it switches off, the power button light, remains lit GREEN, but the AC supply light goes from Green to RED and then back to GREEN when it powers us. I suspect it thinks it is overheating, or there is something wrong with the supply voltage, but I have check this already.

Anyone have any ideas, or experience of a similar problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Stefano,
Please try reseating the obvious components and check for loose cabling in the system. If there is any third party hardware then try removing it and see if that helps.

Regards,
Stefano_Pa

There is no 3rd party hardware, and I have tried reseating all components. The strange things is, sometimes it will boot, and then it will stay on and work until I switch it off (hours at a time). The error only seem to occur whilst it is booting up (unless it is RAM) but I can tried swaping the RAM out already.

When I said "AC supply light" I actually meant the "System Statues light" (sorry not used to compaq/HPs).. so in actual fact the power doesn't seem to be the problem, the system is shutting it'self down and then restarting.