HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant DL360 G4 - SATA hot-plug and led support

McKwek
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant DL360 G4 - SATA hot-plug and led support

I ordered a ProLiant DL360 G4 and bought two supported HP SATA 160GB hot-swap disks. On the box of the DL360 I found a sticker with the note that when SATA drives are used LEDs and hot-plug capability isn't supported, yet.

I installed RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 on it and I wonder when HP supports the above called things.

Who can tell me more about (announced or released) updates?
2 REPLIES
e4services
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL360 G4 - SATA hot-plug and led support

Now that does seem strange. All the Adaptec SATA RAID controllers support hot swap at this time, even their 2020SA zero channel does, so why would HP incorporate a less robust controller?
You could always change to another contorller. the 2410SA 4 port

Oh I see now, the embedded controller is a simple SATA drive controller, not an Array RAID controller. So definately you could just add the above controller to add the capabilities to your box
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL360 G4 - SATA hot-plug and led support

e4services is right. The reason the leds and hotplug functionality aren't supported is because the embedded controller will not support it. According to the storage area of the quickspecs:
"When SATA drives are installed, Hot-plug capability and LEDs are only supported when a Serial ATA Smart Array option card has been installed."
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..