3567 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant DL360 Gen 4 won't boot up

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Schnob

ProLiant DL360 Gen 4 won't boot up

I installed an update for Window Server 2003 on my ProLiant DL360 Generation 4 server. After installing the update, I rebooted the server, but it never came back up. When I attempt to boot up, the diagnostic light on the front turns red after about 10 seconds and a high-pitched noise comes from the server. It stays on, but I can't communicate with it in any way.

I downloaded the update from update was http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8EFFE1D9-7224-4586-BE2B-42C9AE5B9071&displaylang=en. I'm not sure whether the it directly caused the problem or whether the hardware coincidentally failed at the same time I applied it. Does anyone have any ideas how I can troubleshoot this problem?

BShaman
3 REPLIES 3
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ProLiant DL360 Gen 4 won't boot up

Hi,

I don't think that the update caused the problem - it is hardware related.

You can open the server and check the corresponding red/amber light near a component. Probably this component is the cause of the problem. You can try to reseat it and try again, or take it out if it is not critical(I mean if you have more than the needed ones of that part - CPU/Dimm/fan).

Bob Schnob

Thank you for the response. This morning, I did just that, and identified that two memory chips had failed. It was quite a relief that it was really not that big a deal. I took out the offending chips, left the two good ones, and all is well now.

Thanks again.
Techie Girl

Is there anyone around at this hour?