1753650 Members
5988 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Win Server 2019 Screen resolution and iLO network

Bane_Cenic
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Win Server 2019 Screen resolution and iLO network

I am an absolute beginner in enterprise systems, but I have to set up three ProLiant DL360 Gen10 servers where two of them will be running ESXi and on one there will be installed Windows Server 2019 directly.

My first question is about the server where I have installed Windows Server 2019 directly. I want to access it using a remote desktop or/and TeamViewer. I have installed Windows Server, and then installed graphic drivers (Matrox G200eH).  But now video output is available/detected only on VGA port on the back of the computer and not on HPE 868000-B21 ( Universal Media Bay Display Port/USB/Optical Drive Blank Kit ) where prior to installing Matrox driver there was video output but some small resolution for example 1024x768. Also when I plug my display on the VGA port and connect remotely everything works fine because the server detected the display and set resolution is full HD. But I do not want to have always connected display to the server, and if I disconnect it resolution is changed to some lover resolution, and accessing the server remotely (remote desktop and/or TeamViewer ) is not fine because the resolution on the server is low, and there is no HD option in Windows. Can I somehow force HD resolution when no display is connected, and also how can I get that front display port to work again?

The second question is about all three servers. I have configured the iLO port to be a static address and it is connected to a local network that does not have an internet connection. I have an internet connection on NIC card port 3. Can I somehow get an internet connection from NIC port 3 in order to at least register the server to HPE? I do not want simply to plug the cable from NIC port 3 into the iLO port because then I should make the iLO address DHCP because I do not manage the internet connection. 

Thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Win Server 2019 Screen resolution and iLO network

System recommended content:

1. HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO)

If the above information is helpful, then please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon.

Thank you for being a HPE community member.

Accept or Kudo

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL360 Gen10 Win Server 2019 Screen resolution and iLO network

Greetings!

-> What is the resolution you get while connecting to server via iLO remote console? (Without monitor connected) 

For display port issues, please refer point number 2 on the below document. 

Display Port connections: If a dongle is being utilized to connect to the DisplayPort connection on the HPE ProLiant Gen10 server, an active dongle must be used. "DP++" or "passive" dongles will not allow video to be displayed. In addition, if a cable is being used that converts the connection to DisplayPort, it will need to be active. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00056172en_us 

I believe you have the iLO configured on the iLO management port. Item 13 on page 4 https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00008180enus?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red 

iLO is for management and you have it on a local network already. 

Are you referring to remote support registration?

Page# 272 https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00105236en_us 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo