108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL360 Gen10 will no longer power on after failed SPS firmware updated

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

ProLiant DL360 Gen10 will no longer power on after failed SPS firmware updated

I tried using PowerShell to upload the lastest SPS firmware to the iLO repository and then scheduling that firmware to install on next boot.  The update failed but was able to boot to the OS.  I manually rebooted the server a second time but the server just shut down instead of rebooting and will not power back on.

The green power light just flashes and never powers on.  I cannot even get the server up to a point where I can try to fix any firmware issues that might be there from the failed update.  The whole thing is bricked.  I tried pulling all cables including the power cables and let it sit for 30 seconds.  Same issue - just flashing green front panel lights and will not power on.

Do I need to have the system board replaced?

Thanks

NK

5 REPLIES 5
KevinSpringPM
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL360 Gen10 will no longer power on after failed SPS firmware updated

This is something to call HPE support for rather than addressing the community forum.

I'm an HPE Product Manager

Accept or Kudo

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL360 Gen10 will no longer power on after failed SPS firmware updated

Hi,

If you have access to ILO console then check for any error reported in IML, that will help you to understand the issue or troubleshoot further.

also

Update ILO,BIOS Innovation engine and SPS from ILO console directly.

If it does not help, you should contact HPE support.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

HPE just pulled the SPS firmware.  There is a known issue - unfortunately, it bit me before it was pulled.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_b30fe6d6b8f1489298a1fd33ee#tab-history

NK

dhchoi
Occasional Contributor

I have same problem due to SPS update failure.

So now I cannot turn-on and boot up server and the button's green LED is continously blinking....

Please let me know how to solve your case.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @dhchoi.

Thank you for posting! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the ""New Discussion"" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo