New Discussion

Re: [ProLiant DL360e Gen8] NAND Error

John_from_ea
Occasional Visitor

good process
Bojnit

Hi, did the presented solution by Erdogan Temur work? Thanks for the reply.

jouniota

Hi,

I'm also curious to know if the procedure worked.

I have two dl360 gen8 with the same iLO health problem, both upgraded to the last firmware (2.77 from dec 2020).

0x3333
Visitor

Just to register here, I had this problem of WRITE-PROTECTED and doing what Torsten said(Set iLO DIP switch to on) fixed the issue!

I set the DIP Switch number 1 to ON, did the flash format, and reverted it to OFF. Fixed the issue.

Shalak
Occasional Advisor

@0x3333  I'm facing the same issue. What ilo firmware version did you use?

0x3333
Visitor

Hi Shalak,

Unfortunately, the issue wan't fixed... I was not able to fix it. The server is running though.

Shalak
Occasional Advisor

@0x3333  So basically you say that it helped you for a moment? And then it went back to "Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state"?

I'm a little worried about disabling the security DIP. Currently my iLO seems to work properly, I can reach the console, powerup the machine and redfish API works, I don't use HPE OneView and the AHS logs are useful only if I have HPE support license, right?

I do not want to make things worse. I tried several time to use the "Format Embedded Flash and reset iLO" option in iLO GUI, with and without AC powercycling in between - but the log "Embedded Flash/SD-CARD: One or more storage devices have been formatted" does not appear in the iLO Event Log.

0x3333
Visitor

Yep, for a little moment, and then, WRITE-PROTECTED again. Still is...

Mine is with security DIP disabled, for quite a while, it runs in a private network so not an issue, but I'll enable it again as it was unable to fix the issue.

I believe I'll need to live with it. Just leave it as is... as it is working.

nems8

We are seeing the same problem on a DL360p Gen8. 

ILO has been updated, and currently running 2.78.

The below seems to suggest updating ILO? (or replace mb, not an option on this old hardware)

Hi,

You try the following action plan step by step.

• Select the iLO Security Override Switch to ON
• Boot the server using USB SPP with CPxxxxxx.scexe copied to hp\swpackages
• Select Interactive
• CTRL + ALT + D + B + X
• Navigate to mnt/cdrom/hp/swpackages
• Unload HP iLO modüle rmmod hpilo
• sh scxxxxxx.scexe –direct

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_00392fb1f9214da7a5de4cf9a7

If problem persist the replace mainbaord.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.

Just wondering if you guys noticed any more side effects from nand error? I can see that IP is not available, but server seems to be working as it should. No problem logging into ILO and no other errors reported.

Trying to figure out if i should try format of nand and powercycle (ref: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00048622en_us ) or just leave it.

0x3333
Visitor

Same here, server and iLO works OK, I'm used to the error after so many yers...