ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)

[ProLiant DL360e Gen8] NAND Error

John_from_ea
Occasional Visitor

Re: [ProLiant DL360e Gen8] NAND Error

good process
Bojnit

Hi, did the presented solution by Erdogan Temur work? Thanks for the reply.

jouniota

Hi,

I'm also curious to know if the procedure worked.

I have two dl360 gen8 with the same iLO health problem, both upgraded to the last firmware (2.77 from dec 2020).

0x3333
Occasional Visitor

Just to register here, I had this problem of WRITE-PROTECTED and doing what Torsten said(Set iLO DIP switch to on) fixed the issue!

I set the DIP Switch number 1 to ON, did the flash format, and reverted it to OFF. Fixed the issue.

Shalak
Occasional Visitor

@0x3333  I'm facing the same issue. What ilo firmware version did you use?

0x3333
Occasional Visitor

Hi Shalak,

Unfortunately, the issue wan't fixed... I was not able to fix it. The server is running though.

Shalak
Occasional Visitor

@0x3333  So basically you say that it helped you for a moment? And then it went back to "Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state"?

I'm a little worried about disabling the security DIP. Currently my iLO seems to work properly, I can reach the console, powerup the machine and redfish API works, I don't use HPE OneView and the AHS logs are useful only if I have HPE support license, right?

I do not want to make things worse. I tried several time to use the "Format Embedded Flash and reset iLO" option in iLO GUI, with and without AC powercycling in between - but the log "Embedded Flash/SD-CARD: One or more storage devices have been formatted" does not appear in the iLO Event Log.

0x3333
Occasional Visitor

Yep, for a little moment, and then, WRITE-PROTECTED again. Still is...

Mine is with security DIP disabled, for quite a while, it runs in a private network so not an issue, but I'll enable it again as it was unable to fix the issue.

I believe I'll need to live with it. Just leave it as is... as it is working.