ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753734 Members
4731 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL380 G2 IE Useablity Problem

Derek Lowd

ProLiant DL380 G2 IE Useablity Problem

Upon upgrading our Proliant DL380 G2 to a second Intel P3, 1.4Ghz CPU, Internet Explorer does not work properly!

Opening a web page is OK initially, but clicking on a page link almost always results in having to do the following to get subsequent pages to show:

1. current page clears in attempt to display page requested (normal).
2. page requested is not displayed until I click on any IE browser menu bar item (as if page display process needed to be nudged along....) The blue progress bar on browser status line freezes until I "nudge" it by clicking on any menu bar item.

IE version was 5.x with one CPU, and it worked fine. I have managed to upgrade to 6.0, SP1 using two CPU's. I realize that it may be some html (or other)content on pages that maybe conflicting with proper refresh. A very annoying problem is that on the Windows Update web page, I'm able to select items for installation, but when I click the "Install Now" button, the whole thing freezes - IE browser is rendered non-functional (can't use menus, close, minimize,etc). Not able to perform any Windows updates. Please help!

Thanks,

Derek