New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL380 G3 weekly ASR reboot

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oliver Manz
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

we had a similiar problem with a ProLiant ML370 G3. The server was rebooted from time to time by asr, never at the same time so we couldn't find out what the error was caused by. The event logs had no entries either.

Now, after changing the memory modules everything works fine again.

Bye

Oli
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

hi,

What about Increment ASR timeout in the RBSU if still does not help you then go for disabling.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Michael Mize
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, kris rombauts. The survey utility is definitely causing this weekly failure. Presently, I am disabling this service using the survey.exe command-line parameters. I will investigate the existence of the Survey Utility update from HP. Thank you all for your prompt responses and helpful information.
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Good Man.

I got same thing also now.i have checked now.
-----------
Sample interval is every 7 days
The next 3 samples are scheduled for:
Wednesday 12/17/2003 at 6:00:00 hours
Wednesday 12/24/2003 at 6:00:00 hours
Wednesday 12/31/2003 at 6:00:00 hours
-------------
But what is the psp on same srver.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Michael Mize
Occasional Advisor

ProLiant Support Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2003. v7.00A dated Dec. 17th, 2003.
Lisa Jackson_3

We have the same issue on both dl370 and 380s. We attempted to upgrade to psp7 and had it die completly at the update of surveyor.exe. I am assuming this wouldn't have helped anyway, as it appears that you may be running this version already.

Have you had any luck resolving the issue?
dwight rumph

What is the fix for this problem, becase I am having a similar problem. My DL380 G3/w/Server 2003 has been rebooting. The error is:
"System Information Agent: Health: The server is operational again. The server has previously been shutdown by the Automatic Server Recovery (ASR) feature and has just become operational again.
[SNMP TRAP: 6025 in CPQHLTH.MIB]"

Please supply me with a fix if any.
Thanks

Lisa Jackson_3

We may have resolved, but have yet to test on a second server.

1. Unistalled Sophos Antivirus (do you have this?)
2. Unistalled HP Surveyor Utility/Proliant Support Pack.
3. Installed V7 of above (latest off the HP Site). Engineer noted that this installed an older version of the network drivers than we had installed. We also note that other people who have reported the ASR reboot problem, had this version already.
4. Reinstalled Sophos Anti-virus.

Prior to this, the server had also just been patched with *all* the latest Microsoft Patches - barring the update that came out this morning.

Michael Mize
Occasional Advisor

My temporary solution was to disable the survey utility. There are several ways to do this:
-There is a service that can be disabled.
-You can disable survey.exe using command line options.
-You can open the HP Management Home Page for your server and disable it there.

I have HP Management Agents for Servers v7.00.0.0 installed and have not found updates for this software.

Without understanding the Survey utilty's purpose, I have no problem disabling it. I noted that the Survey utility reports on Server hardware, for example, but I have other methods of collecting that information. I use Compaq Insight Manager 7, and it still receives updated Data Collection reports, and I can still view the health of all server hardware.

Obviously, there is a problem with the Survey utility. Without a compelling reason to use it, I will leave it disabled until the next Management Agents update.
Daniel Harrison

I have a DL380 g3 Cluster solution that I have just run the latest MS critical updates on both nodes now report the unexpected shutdown in the event viewer system log. I did one node first and it had this issue (which I thought was my mistake in a setting on the ilo card). Then I updated the second node and it had the same issue. I am considering uninstalling the updates, but am a little worried over the implications?!