108805 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL380 G4 install Centos operating system

HPDL380G4
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant DL380 G4 install Centos operating system

我有一台HP ProLiant DL380 G4服务器,型号比较老了。如何在此服务器上部署Centos操作系统。用于部署Nginx环境做网站的前端代理

Google Translated

I have an HP ProLiant DL380 G4 server, which is an older model. How to deploy Centos operating system on this server. Used to deploy the Nginx environment as the front-end proxy of the website

1 REPLY 1
DeepakJajware
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL380 G4 install Centos operating system

Hello 

Because it is a community-supported environment, there are limitations to the support HPE can offer our CentOS customers.

• HPE provides Management Component Packs for CentOS that contain: Agentless Management Service (amsd), Smart Storage Administrator (ssacli), Smart Storage Administrator Diagnostic Utility(ssadu), iLO Configuration Utility (hponcfg). See the HPE Linux Software Delivery Repository.
  • HPE provides support for the hardware and offline firmware updates for HPE servers installed with CentOS
  • HPE maintains a forum in which customers can discuss Linux issues, find answers, share knowledge and discuss solutions in the HPE Servers and Operating Systems - Linux Community Forums.
  • HPE is unable to certify CentOS on any of our servers as there is no official certification test suite for CentOS
  • HPE does not release driver updates for CentOS. Customers using CentOS should confirm that the drivers they need are in the CentOS distribution.
  • HPE utilities and tools that work on other versions of Linux are not guaranteed to function the same on CentOS

In your case I would like to sadly inform you that DL380 G4 will not support Cents OS 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/426678/HPE-ProLiant-DL380-G4-Server?ismnp=0&l5oid=397634#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25&hpe=1

Thank you 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo