ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753837 Members
9621 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant DL380 G6 Continually Reboots

JEerd

We're experiencing the same problem. However the HP Technical Support Representative states that the 460 Watt Power Supply is not supported on DL380 G6 and we should buy the 750 Watt Power Supply. We have 3 DL380 G6 servers, only one has this problem. Can someone give us some advice on the issue? HP Benelux is unaware of this "known issue".
Michael Eltiste

After hours of fighting with support, they agreed to replace the motherboards in the remaining 3 servers. No reboots since system board replacement 48 hours ago.

Note: You will need to re-input your advanced iLo license if you paid for that.

The other workaround suggested by tech support was setting the "High Performance Power mode" in the BIOS. Setting the power mode through iLo is different and doesn't work. It must be done in the BIOS.

Hopefully engineering will release a permanent fix for this soon.
Victor Kuznetsov

I had the same problem. Could you please let me know where "High Performance Power mode" is located in the BIOS? I found only High Efficiency Mode (Auto).
Thanks!
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

install the latest firmware update it is not on the firmware cd then you should see it enjoy

:) points appreciated
Joel Meyer

I'm seeing same issue with DL380 G6. I've made the BIOS change recommended by HP (maximum performance) and reboots still occur.
Michael Eltiste

Victor,
Yes this setting is found in the P62 BIOS of DL380 G6 servers. I'm not sure about any other models or BIOS revisions.

Joel,
I'd pressure HP support to replace the motherboard in the affected system. That seems to have resolved the issue for us.

Good Luck,
Michael
Yeo
Advisor

My customer also have same problem but after changed the motherboard seen working fine. Is it all the server if install window 2008 having same problem? Because I have 2 servers install window 2003 haven't got the problem.
Joel Meyer

We are running using ESX v4 and seeing this problem.
mwanzi

We recently saw this same issue as well. We swapped motherboards on several nodes, but based on the frequency of the reboots it appeared to be a systemic issue. This is a known issue, and for now it appears HP can have a tech come on site and flash some system component. We are still waiting to get more details.

Victor Kuznetsov

I changed power profile in BIOS to High Performance from Balanced mode and problem disappeared for a week.