ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752591 Members
3811 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL380 G7 - Over temp error

janzend

ProLiant DL380 G7 - Over temp error

We have had 3 new DL380 G7s running on burn in for a couple weeks. this morning I went to configure iLO and when I rebooted the server the system health led shows red, the over temp led shows amber, and the server just sits trying to reboot every 5 seconds or so.

Any ideas what causes this? The server is brand new, was running fine until the reboot, and has no drives.

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL380 G7 - Over temp error

Check if the server fans are working. Reseat them if not swap them. If the issue persists, then reseat internal components. If the issue persists, then remove any PCIe expansion cards, remove all DIMMs except that installed in DIMM slot 3-A for each installed processor and check if it powers on.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

janzend

Thanks for the suggestions, I reseated all the fans and pulled the DIMMS right away. When I started it none of the 6 front fans ran at all.
TVVJ
HPE Pro

The fans are hot-plug and have no direct cable connections. They are seated in a fan cage. If none of the fan are running, then reseat the fan cage, if not swap with working spares. If the issue persists, then swap a known working fan cage in this server and check if the issue is resolved. Likewise, swap this server’s fan cage in known working server to check if this cage is actually defective or it did not work in the first place due to insufficient power in the original server in question. If the latter is the case, remove all expansion cards, cable connections to expander card, if installed, have only one DIMM per installed processor and ensure that two 750W hot plug power supplies are installed and check if the fans function.

If the issue persists, and if it has been ascertained that the fan cage is working or has been replaced with working spare, then the issue could be with the system  board.

For steps to remove and replace server components, you may refer to the server's maintenance and service guide, section 'Removal and replacement procedures'. Click here for the guide.

You may also refer to the "HP Customer Self Repair Services Media Library - Media Selection" for part locators, removal and replacement procedure videos. Click here to reach this site.

In 'Media Selection', under '1. Product Category' click "Servers".

Under '2. Product Family' click "HP ProLiant DL Servers"

Under '3. Product Series' click "HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Server series"

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Parvez_Admin
Community Manager