5531 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Win Server 2016 Installation Issue

husseinallaw
Collector

ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Win Server 2016 Installation Issue

Hello,

we are trying to install windows server 2016, however after the intelligent provisioning is done with the assisted OS Installation, the installation starts and the wpeinit.exe script starts and finishes successfully however when the windows setup starts and we accept the license terms and hit continue we get a :

windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. the partition is a microsoft reserved (MSR) partition

https://ibb.co/QdqNG5B

we tried the installation several times on both SSD LUN 1 and SSD LUN 2

what might the issue be?

2 REPLIES 2
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Win Server 2016 Installation Issue

Hi,

Thank you for the POST.

May we please know if you have created RAID using the SSDs and if they are seen on SSA / during the installation.

Also share us the Controller information to check if any Firmware / Drives is available.

If possible, try deleting RAID and create a new Logical Drive and then try installing OS using Manual method (Not from IP).

Copy the Installation file on a USB and then try installing directly.

Thank you

Ram KS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ksram
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Win Server 2016 Installation Issue

Hi,

Good day!

Follow up on the POST to check if this is resolved and if you need any assistance.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

If you need more information / any assistance please do reply to the POST / start a new discussion accordingly.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo