ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753844 Members
7541 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server missing Base System Device driver

Mon_Nom

ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server missing Base System Device driver

How do I resolve the missing "Base System Device" driver?

What file can I download and install to so that Windows can recognize this device?!?

-----more details-----

I have the brand-new ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server and after installing Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 AND after installing the special "HP_Service_Pack_for_Proliant_2012.10.0-0_713293-001_spp_2012.10.0-SPP2012100.2012_1005.37.iso" service pack Windows still says there is a missing Base System Device driver!

I think I've downloaded and attempted to install every device driver on the HP Driver website for this server and nothing solves this mising "Base System Device" driver issue.  This is really disappointing.  That ISO was about 2.4 GB and the HP Chat higher-level support person promised that ISO would solve this issue...but it didn't.  What is wrong with this HP or this DL380p Gen8 server that it cannot find this "Base System Device"?

6 REPLIES 6
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

That should be fixed with the HP ProLiant iLO 3/4 Management Controller Driver. Please check, if the driver was installed. The latest version is 3.7.0.0 .

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
KrisanaInpattra

Thank you very much

APSN

I do have 3.9.0 but that did not resolve the issue

JohnBannon
Regular Visitor

I downloaded all drivers and extracted them to a folder, then chosse update driver from hardware manager and browsed to that folder. it installed all but one Base system device (yet to be resolved)

PZel
Trusted Contributor

Why don't you use SPP2013090:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

OR (which is a non-bootable ON-line version)(just run when extracted: \hp\swpackages\hpsum.exe ):

Proliant MLDLSL 2013090

PZ