1753770 Members
4777 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Wont POST

Sean_Nagel

ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Wont POST

Hi All, 

I am having an issue with a well out of warranty ProLiant DL385p Gen8, After a storm took out power the server seems to not want to come back online. When it is booted up it looks like it starts its POST and after about 10 seconds will power down with the Over Temp LED on. 

After reading a few Forums I saw others having this issue with the suggestion to clear the NVRAM and CMOS. I followed the doccumentation online and flipped maintanance switches 1,5 and 6 into the on postion but instead of presenting the message that the system was being configured to default the server would not boot and had 1 long beep. I tried stripping down the server to just 1 CPU and 1 DIMM as other posts had recommended but it still would not boot. When the maintanance switch was reverted to off the system went back to its original issue of not POSTing and being in a boot loop.

As a side note iLO is working I could not see any idication of why the temp warning was coming on I did notice the event IML listing the "Critical Temperature Threshold Exceeded" events with incorrect dates ie.(01/01/1970).

At this point I am not sure what to do other then maybe look to replace the board looking for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant DL385p Gen8 Wont POST

Hello,

I would suggest you follow the below steps for isolating the issue.

1. Check the server with minimum configuration.

(Remove all add-on cards from the server and check disconnect all external connections, if connected)

2. Follow the below documents for more clarifications 

HPE ProLiant Gen8 Servers - Troubleshooting Hardware Problems

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03667944&docLocale=en_US

3. Share the complete IML error message for more clarification.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo