8730 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML 110 G5 RAID F6 drivers hell

HappyPacket
Visitor

ProLiant ML 110 G5 RAID F6 drivers hell

Hello!

I'm trying to install windows small business server 2003 onto RAID 1 array (2 x 500 GB hdd).

First i tryed with CD labeld: HP ProLiant ML110 G5 server Easy Set-up CD (Bootable Setup and Documentation), but i got a message: "the primary controller configured in your system is not supported by this version of HP ProLiant Easy Setup-CD"

Also it states that Boot controller is Intel 82801 SATA RAID controller.

Second i tryed with CD labeld: Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 SP Standard Edition with F6 driver downloaded from here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3577715&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3577708&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

and gues what? It doesn't work!!! I tryed ALL of them.

Third i tryed with all sorts of Intel F6 RAID drivers with zero succes!  'm slightly going mad here.

Without RAID it works, but then again if it can't work in RAID mode it's not realy a server, is it?T

7 REPLIES 7
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

HappyPacket
Visitor

I tried with those drivers but without succes, i'll try with postinstall RAID setup later this day - keep you posted!

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You haven't written it so I'll ask: have you created an array / RAID as well?
HappyPacket
Visitor

Yes! First i created RAID array 1, disks are properly formated, all is great in RAID land, but when it comes to F6 drivers the fun begins. I tried with all of the RAID drivers for g5 on HP support pages, even with g4 and g6 drivers, and with myriad of different Intel drivers but windows setup can't find disks. Without RAID it works normally.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

And you put them on a floppy?

HappyPacket
Visitor

Yes, and it loads them normally...

HappyPacket
Visitor

It turns out that HDDs are not compatible with MBO, they are: Seagate Constellation ES 500 GB, which is odd because those are disks for servers.