cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant ML 350 G4 servers support for Small Bussiness Server 2000

Adrian Kostadinov Angel_1
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant ML 350 G4 servers support for Small Bussiness Server 2000

We have licenses for using SBS 2000 and decided to use ProLiant ML 350 G4 server, but I cannot find any issues about that kind of support.Can you post some links to materials related to problems , installation , maintenance of SBS 2000 on this kind of server hardware,I cannot find it on the hp site.I'm pretty sure that I make some mistake , but do not know what it is?
4 REPLIES
Kai-Uwe Schurig
Valued Contributor

Re: ProLiant ML 350 G4 servers support for Small Bussiness Server 2000

Hi,

according to the ProLiant Server Support Matrix for Windows SBS 2000 is supported on the ML 350 G4, see http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/windows/index-all.html
If you click in the table on the field ML 350 G4 / SBS 2000 you will find additional information (documentation, drivers and so on).

Regards,

Kai-Uwe
e4services
Honored Contributor

We helped a customer go through this install on server hardware. We found after the first attempt it is best to follow a manual install path and follow along with the Microsoft manual install of the product to get the best results. The SBS default process does not give good results, it is meant for the untrained.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

I have always used the Microsoft installer for SBS 200x and never had any problem. Even after building a few hundred SBS servers I wouldn't think about not using the included setup program - so it really isn't for the "untrained" as you put it.

Adrian - you should look into possibly upgrading to SBS 2003, it runs circles around SBS 2000 in almost everything. It would be well worth spending the extra $$
Adrian Kostadinov Angel_1
Occasional Visitor

Thank You very much! I appreciate that!