1752806 Members
6221 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML 350 Replacing NIC

Joelvisdude
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. I'm across town from the CPU now. I'll provide info. later. For now, I can tell you that it is a black tower.
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

Ok, that sounds like almost certain it is at least a G2. And I assume the board looks like this http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=216110-001

Looking back to the original issue, if a lightening struck the NIC then I would have thought the entire Server Feature Card (that is the NIC, video,SCSI etc) would have been dead (probably the whole server too).

I think it is worthwhile to do further checks on the NIC --- I would check from the basics again, such as speed of the NIC (i.e. server is on half-duplex and switch is on full duplex) etc.
Learning never ends
John C. Stewart

Had this issue on a ML350 runing Netware. I added a 3Com NIC (3C501b) to the 32 bit slot. I changed the IP address for the old NIC and left it active. I assigned the original IP to the new NIC. The old NIC has a 192.168.168.168 /24 IP address and since no traffic is going there it is unused. Of couse I put in a plan to replace the server.
5 pots cooking on a 4 eye stove
Alejandro Bascolo

I have the same problem with a ML370 G3, with the following message -> Compaq NIC Agent: Connectivity has been lost for the NIC in slot 6, port 1. [SNMP TRAP: 18006 in CPQNIC.MIB].
But surprisingly, the event log shows a couple of days later that the NIC Agents had been restored (???).
I have been having this on/off NIC for weeks and I cannot still find a replacement unit for this. Hard or soft problem? Any better idea for troubleshooting this?