cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant ML 530 T01

Pantelis
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant ML 530 T01

Hello. I have a ProLiant ML530 T01 in my hands. The first time I opened the case, there was a lot of humidity everywhere. First of all, the PCI Raid controller was destroyed, so I changed it. I also replaced the DLT backup device. My problem is that even though I changed 2 power supplies (it has 3), and the power supply backplane (where the power supplies attach), when I try to power up the server with all power supplies on-board it does absolutely nothing. The power on Led is amber and the 2 processor diagnostic led are amber too. If I remove the central power supply (and I leave the other two on-board), the server powers up ok, and of course the processor diagnostic leds are off. If I remove any of the other two (and I have the middle power supply plugged in), the server does not power up and the power supply status led is flashing amber. Something goes wrong when a power supply is plugged in to the middle socket. I thought that a new power backplane would solve the problem (as I mentioned above) but I was wrong. I cannot imagine what could the problem be. Maybe the M/B, but can anyone be sure? Any suggestions would be more than welcome. Thank you for your patience!!!!!!!!