ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748285 Members
4053 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant ML110 Gen9 Performance

Chris27

ProLiant ML110 Gen9 Performance

We have some ProLiant ML110 Gen9 using WD Gold data center disks and they run like crap, constanc disk queueing sh#!!y preformance, Did a bunch of testing and contacted HP support and as soon as they saw the drives were 3rd party they said 'HPE drives are specifically designed, and the HP Raid controller is made for them, thus 3rd party drives are known to not work properly'

2 REPLIES 2
FabioC1
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant ML110 Gen9 Performance

Chris27 This happen because the 3rs HD, don't have firmware HPE.

Try use equipment in Legacy Bios and Disable B140i controler (enable, ahci) in BIOS monde

LEGACY BIOS

From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration тЖТ BIOS/Platform Configuration
(RBSU) тЖТ Boot Options тЖТ Boot Mode and press the Enter key.
2. Select a setting and press the Enter key:
o Legacy BIOS ModeтАФConfigures the system to boot to a traditional operating system in Legacy
BIOS compatibility mode.

DISABLE B140I 

From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration тЖТ BIOS/Platform Configuration
(RBSU) тЖТ System Options тЖТ SATA Controller Options тЖТ Embedded SATA Configuration тЖТ
Enable SATA AHCI Suppor, and then press the Enter key.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04441385

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

Robertomcat
Regular Advisor

Re: ProLiant ML110 Gen9 Performance

Hello good afternoon. Probably your problem may also come from the integrated controller b140, there are many posts that talk about low writing speeds (and in some cases reading).

I also had problems with the integrated controller, it was a real ruin in the rates of reading and writing, using a four-disk RAID5 WD RED 6 TB.

A few months ago I incorporated a P440 hardware controller, and all the problems went away. I bought it on eBay, from a vendor selling HP Renew controllers.